Monday, February 14, 2011

Take a break!




I have been puzzling throughout these days,
The days after SPM.

I opted to stay at home,
take a deepppppp breath and continue my life journey.

I didn't find a part time job.
Instead, I have chosen to pick up a painstaking occupation.
BABY SITTER.=)
Exciting, Adventurous, Amusing, Exotic......job right?

I'm a workaholic, I guess.
Before this, I do held a wrong perception about ministry.
Tell me, what is the definition of meaningful, valuable ministry?

High pay job? Gain experiences? Having Fun?
Well, Initially, I attempted to search for part time job, so I wouldn't be mocked.
"Walao, you must be bored, go get a life! "
"See, you are so free, unlike me, so many things to do..."
"Don't tell me you are tired la, no time la, you have nothing to do also."
"You never work before? Such loser, get some experiences la."
My mind was once immersed in these suffocating comments.

I was in fearful and frantic situation while people discussing about their plan after SPM.
I would be out of the track, which people have started their studies in college, working, travelling and blablabla.

On the contrary,
I look as if I'm still standing on the threshold of my new life, not a single pace yet.
And have a glance at my surroundings, people have break into gallop, pursuing their wishes.
I shall not be defeated by my own feelings, shall not degrade myself.

Guess what? Baby sitter isn't that easy okay.
An opportunity to master your skill in wrapping baby diaper after they poo or pee,
talk baby language,
interpret what's on their mind, and start converse with them.
Feed them milk, hold them comfortably and nag them to sleep.
I'm a lousy nanny, real lousy one.
I'll revere my mom, she's amazing,
who uses her mouth to suck her granddaughter's nose secretion a.k.a mucus!
That is LOVE.

I'm grateful to have real cool consultants in my home sweet home.
Who give me strength, support and navigation when I am standing at the cross road.
My omnipotent Lord, who guides and leads me through the coarse road.

Yes, indeed.
Human used to pack everything as if there is only 30 years in life.
What to do with the remaining 40, 50 years?
I'm not trying to be offensive, but human,
You MUST rest once awhile.

Sabbath day is meant for us to worship the Lord,
To be rejoiced in His presence,
Take a break and start off your work merrily in the next day.

Hmm, I find something funny,
When my mom tell us about some successful people she read in the newspaper, or whatever magazine,
we used to ask a question,
"Is he/she married?"

A very factual question huh?
In accordance with my very own statistics over numbers of inquires and interrogation,  
the answer manifests the whole picture. 
I would get a "NO", most probably.

Singles have extensive time to toil for buckets of money, go after their desires uninterruptedly.
No kids, no wife, no family. 
If you've got married, it's another story. 




Relax larh! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment